Yoga Ed. PI 2 Building Blocks: Teaching Teen's Yoga with Kate Beckel
June 30 - July 3, 2017
This program is primarily designed for teachers, school administrators, and other interested professionals inspired to integrate Yoga for children and teens into academic environments. However, anyone interested in teaching yoga to children or teens is welcome to join. No prior background or previous experience is required for this training — only a passion for yoga, education, and the health and wellness of children and teens!
is an educational program dedicated to changing education through the practice of yoga. Our mission is to empower school communities with yoga to cultivate health and wellness in children and teens. Through evidence-based Professional Institutes, Professional Development, and Educational Resources, Yoga Ed. equips educators with yoga tools to integrate yoga for children and teens into academic environments.
The Professional Institute
is a comprehensive training program designed for individuals inspired to integrate yoga for children and teens into academic environments. Certified by the Yoga Alliance, our program focuses on the physical, mental, and emotional benefits yoga can provide for children and teens. Upon completion of our institutes, you will be fully equipped with tools to help students build a lifetime of health and wellness through the practice of yoga.
Yoga Ed. PI 2 Building Blocks: Teaching Teen’s Yoga
Refine your teaching practices for teenage students.
Focus: Ages 13 to 18 / Grades 6th to 12th
PI 2 expands on the foundations of PI 1. You will study the internal and external changes in teenagers, and how changes can alter the teens’ yoga experience. This training will provide you with a deeper understanding of how to successfully shift teaching practices to connect with teens.
- 4 Days – Friday-Monday
- June 30 – July 3, 2017
- 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- at Yoga Del Mar – Sorrento
June 16, 2017
NO YOGA EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
This course is ideal for:
- Teachers (Particularly PE teachers or teachers required to teach PE standards. This training is aligned with the CA State SHAPE standards.)
- Social Workers
- Anyone who interacts or works with children, or would like to
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand adolescents’ physical, mental, emotional, and social development
- Teach from a lens of social emotional learning and brain-based learning
- Know the benefits of yoga for children & teens
- Design and develop yoga lesson plans appropriate to the age group you are teaching
- Create yoga classes to fulfill the National Physical Education and Health Standards
- Effectively utilize yoga tools to meet your students’ needs
- Teach yoga to students aged 12-24.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Kate Beckel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kate BeckelRCYT, E-RYT, M.Ed, San Diego, CA
Kate Beckel is a skilled educator and yoga teacher who shares Yoga Ed.’s global vision for yoga education. Kate is particularly keen on empowering youth with life skills through yoga. She has been a yoga teacher for 8 years and an elementary school teacher for 5 years. Kate holds a B.A. in Elementary and Special Education and a M.Ed. with an emphasis in Math and Literacy Development from NYU. She is also a RCYT and an ERYT-200. She currently teaches 3rd grade in Chula Vista, as well as yoga classes throughout San Diego.