Here's where to begin!
As a new student, start with one of our three Level 1 classes.
To see our full class schedule, please go to our class schedule page.
Take Advantage of our New Student Deals!
- Unlimited Classes for a Full Month – $89
- 5 classes + 1st class free – $79
- 10 classes + 1st class free – $140
As a new student, when you purchase a series or monthly unlimited from us when you are at Yoga Del Mar, you will receive a $10 gift certificate towards a mat or other retail item of your choice. You may also purchase a class online or by calling (858)720-0076.
Need more help?
Please fill out the form below and someone will contact you within 48 hours to discuss your particular needs. You can also call us at (858) 720-0076. We are always happy to answer any questions you may have.
What is Yoga?
The word YOGA means to Yoke or Join and the word HATHA literally means Sun/Moon or Balance. The practice of Hatha Yoga (balanced joining) is a physical practice and is the joining of breath with movement to balance to body, mind and spirit. When well-aligned movement is connected to complete breath we are able to quiet our mind, heal our body and create peace and wholeness in our being.
Benefits of Yoga
Whether you are drawn to yoga for its physical benefits, to relieve stress or calm the mind, you will benefit in countless ways and find that the practice of hatha yoga is truly transformative! This is true regardless of what type of yoga or how many days a week you practice although you will find the more that you practice the deeper and more profound the changes in your physical and emotional being you will experience! Here are just a few of the many benefits that yoga can bring to your life:
- Brings balance and harmony to the body, mind and spirit
- Improved posture, flexibility and energy
- Calms the mind
- Strengthens and tones muscles
- Increases circulation; slows heart rate; lowers blood pressure
- Can help reduce weight, stress, anxiety, depression and insomnia
- Arrive on time. It is disruptive to other students when coming in late. Coming early can help you settle in and prepare yourself to be present for your practice.
- Our yoga studio is a sacred space. Please remove your shoes before walking on the wood floor.
- Refrain from eating heavily 1-2 hours before class.
- Wear comfortable clothing that allows for full range of motion.
- Mats can be rented for $2. We strongly recommend that students purchase their own mat (We have several varieties to choose from in our retail area). As a new student, you will receive a $10 gift certificate towards a mat or product of your choice.
- Please turn your cell phones off when in the studio.
- Please refrain from wearing strong perfumes or scented lotions during class.