Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) 8-Week Course with Katie Harris
March 8 - April 26, 2017
What is MBSR?
MBSR teaches a form of meditation, called mindfulness, which is the ability to direct one’s attention to the present moment. The course was developed at the University of Massachusetts Medical School over 30 years ago and is highly supported by research. The MBSR class includes guided meditation practices, gentle movement/yoga, group dialogue, and home practice.
The class is designed to benefit individuals with:
- Stress, anxiety, depression and insomnia
- Chronic illness, chronic pain, heart disease
- Cancer, asthma, skin disorders, GI issues, and headaches
- Increased ability to deal with daily stress
- Greater levels of energy
- Increased focus
- Improvements in one’s ability to relax and enhances self-esteem
- Reduction in perception of pain and ability to cope with chronic pain