How to do a Handstand with Geri Portnoy
Saturday, March 11, 2017
Learn how to do a handstand safely and with good alignment.
In this workshop we will explore the preparatory poses and emotional mind set needed to accomplish handstand (or other great goals in your life). You will be guided step by step in building your strength, cultivating your flexibility, and exploring the proper techniques for kicking up into handstand, safely and confidently.
The prerequisites for this workshop are:
- six months or more of yoga practice
- ability to do down dog with straight arms
- ability to do one leg down dog with top leg straight
- no medical conditions that preclude you from going upside down
- a sincere desire to learn or refine your handstand
This workshop will help cultivate your courage, strength, flexibility, and Presence…
It’s okay if you feel afraid of doing a handstand; you can bring your fears with you to this workshop, they are welcome here. Fear holds an honorable place in the totality of your being, We will learn how to honor the fear and move forward in a way that also honors your desire to try new things, explore in new ways, and grow through the challenges you face.